Effective Date: 25 May 2018
Privacy of our users’ information is of utmost importance at Greencore Group plc and other members of Greencore Group plc’s corporate group.
We understand the highly confidential nature of the employment search process and strive to provide a safe, confidential and secure system so that you feel comfortable storing your information with us. Our policies are designed to give you the control you need to ensure confidentiality.
“personal information” refers to any information collected and stored under your name. For example, personal information may include information such as your first and last name and, in certain circumstances, your email address, telephone number, street address, career objectives and restrictions, as well as your resume / curriculum vitae and skills, either alone or in combination with other information.
“sensitive personal information” refers to personal information regarding more sensitive areas, such as your government ID (if applicable) and certain other financial information, gender, marriage status, race/ethnicity, or veteran (if applicable) or disability status.
“non-personal information” refers to anonymised information or information that may not by itself be reasonably associated with, linked to, or used to identify you. For example, information regarding your use of the Website that is non-user-specific.
Sources of personal information
We may collect personal information about you through the Website from a variety of sources, for example:
- What You Give Us. We collect personal information you give us or permit us to access through inputting information into the Website directly. Personal information may include, but is not limited to, what is listed on your resume / curriculum vitae, your name, birth date, email and physical address, telephone number, social media information and profile, activity and performance information, and when necessary, government ID or other sensitive personal information. If you opt to provide your date of birth, sex, marital status or nationality, this information is gathered for diversity monitoring and reporting only and will not be used in the recruitment and selection process, however you are under no obligation to provide this information to us.
- What We Get From Our Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may obtain personal information about you from our affiliates and subsidiaries, including companies that we own or control, that own or control us, or that are under common ownership or control with us. We may use any information about you that we obtain from our affiliates or subsidiaries in accordance with the terms under which that information was collected by that affiliate or subsidiary.
- What We Automatically Collect From You. We may automatically collect cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, web server logs or other information regarding your interaction with, and use of, our Website.
We collect and may disclose aggregated non-personal information (e.g. total number of applicants and applicant origin) for internal reporting purposes and to improve the experience we offer to our global job seekers or users. We never knowingly disclose personal information that identifies any individual for such purposes. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from minors and we do not knowingly market our Website or services to minors.
If you opt to provide your date of birth, sex, marital status or nationality this information is gathered for diversity monitoring and reporting only and will not be used in the recruitment and selection process.
Sharing of personal information
Greencore Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, including companies that we own or control, that own or control us, or that are under common ownership or control with us, regardless of whether these companies share our same name, and where such companies are outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such data will only be transferred in accordance with the section “International transfer of personal information”, below.
Service Providers. We may transfer your personal information to our service providers to conduct our business. For example, they may handle certain job search or hiring related functions. We may also share your personal information to administer features of the Website.
Law Enforcement. Except as prohibited by law, we may share personal information with law enforcement agencies if we reasonably believe unlawful activities have occurred or the information may aid in an ongoing investigation. Except as prohibited by law, we may also share information with law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that you have violated our agreements or policies or that the release of your information may protect the rights, property, interests, or safety of Greencore or any third party.
Legal Processes. We may share information as required by, or permitted by law, whether in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal processes, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, including defending against legal claims that have been or might be brought against us.
Business Transfers. Your information may be transferred to a third party as a part of our business assets in a sale, merger, reorganization or other transaction involving part or all of Greencore. If this should happen, we will provide notice to you via the Website or email.
We do not disclose your personal information to anyone except as described above, including personal information, resume / curriculum vitae information, email addresses, information about your visits to the Website.
Uses made of your personal information and lawful bases for processing your personal information
Greencore gathers your personal information required for you to be considered for job vacancies within Greencore and to conduct research relating to our recruitment activities. Generally, the information gathered from you is used to assist you to search for Greencore job vacancies, apply for Greencore job vacancies and to be processed for each job application you submit. As such, it may require us to release your personal information with your consent to Greencore hiring managers, administrators and third-party contractors (such as providers of IT support, hosting and maintenance). The lawful basis for the processing of your personal information is that it is necessary for the purposes of Greencore’s legitimate interests in recruiting and being able to contact suitable candidates to fill its job vacancies.
The Greencore hiring managers, administrators and third-party contractors mentioned above may be in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and/or any other countries in the EEA or in other parts of the world. By registering with Greencore, you agree that your information may be shared with Greencore hiring managers, administrators and third-party contractors for the purpose of supporting you to find suitable Greencore job vacancies, applying for Greencore job vacancies, supporting our research relating to our recruitment activities and processing any job application you submit and in this regard, you consent to the transfer of your information outside Ireland, the United Kingdom, and/or any other countries in the EEA or in other parts of the world, if applicable, in accordance with the section below “International transfer of personal information”.
In addition, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- help diagnose problems with our Website, to administer our Website, and to enhance the Website for optimal user experience (this is necessary for our legitimate interest in ensuring our Website is kept up-to-date and user-friendly);
- monitor the usage and performance of our Website and to determine non-personal information about the users of our Website (this is necessary for our legitimate interest in measuring activity on our Website and determining how to improve usability of our Website);
- provide maintenance and support for the Website (this is necessary for our legitimate interest in ensuring the Website is running correctly);
- contact users for information verification purposes (this is necessary for our legitimate interest in being able to verify the identity of those wishing to apply for jobs at Greencore);
- create and manage your account (this is necessary for our legitimate interest in keeping records of job applicants up to date);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity (this is necessary for us to be able to comply with our legal obligations); and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies, including our Terms and Conditions (this is necessary for us to be able to comply with our legal obligations).
We also use your IP address to help track where you came from and what services you are using, to help us administer our Website and to improve our services (this is necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the way in which our Website operates).
International transfer of personal information
We share your personal information within the Greencore Group plc’s corporate group, which may involve transferring personal information outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer personal information outside the EEA we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- we will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission; and/or
- where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in the EEA; and/or
- where we use service providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between Europe and the US.
Please contact us if you would like further information on or a copy of the safeguards used by us when transferring your personal information outside of the EEA.
Our Website may contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of the Website’s third party websites, please note that these third party websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these third party websites.
Storage of your personal information
Your personal information is stored on a secure server hosted by a Greencore approved contractor. The primary and secondary servers and the backups reside in the United Kingdom. Greencore is an international business and therefore, your data may be transferred to any of our operating businesses throughout the organisation (and where such transfers are to countries outside the EEA, in accordance with the “International transfer of personal information” section, above.)
We will only retain your personal information only for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information and any applicable legal, regulatory or other requirements.
Inactive profile suspension or removal
Greencore reserves the right to suspend or remove the profiles and access of candidates who have not logged into this system for longer than 12 months. Under data protection law we are required not to process personal data for longer than necessary and this is the reason for this.
De-activating your account
You can request that your account is de-activated by sending an email to the Greencore Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com and specifying within that email your name and the email address used to register the account and stating that you wish for your account to be de-activated.
Automated decision making
We do not use any forms of automated decision making on the Website.
How we secure and protect your personal information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website.
Your legal rights
To exercise any of your rights listed in paragraphs 1-6 of this section, please contact us using the contact details set out in the “Communications” section, below.
1 Right to request access to your personal information
You have the right to request access to personal information held about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
2 Right to request correction of your personal information
If your personal information is incorrect, you may correct the personal information by sending a written request for correction to Greencore’s address listed below. Your request must include: (1) all of the incorrect personal information that you wish to change, (2) the corrected personal information, and (3) your signature authorizing such changes. Greencore will then correct the personal information in our database and send a written confirmation to you.
3 Right to request erasure of your personal information
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal information where:
- the personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we originally collected or processed it;
- you successfully exercise your right to object to processing (see the section below);
- we have processed the personal information unlawfully; or
- where we are required to do so to comply with a legal obligation.
4 Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest as a lawful basis of processing and this legitimate interest to continue processing your personal information ceases to exist. However, in some circumstances we may have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue processing your information that override your right to object to processing.
5 Right to request restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This allows you to request for us to suspend processing of your personal information if:
- you would like us to check the accuracy of the information;
- our use of the information is unlawful but you do not wish for us to erase it;
- you require us to retain the data, even if we no longer need it, as you need it to establish or defend a legal claim; or
- you have objected to our use of your personal information, however we need to establish if we have an overriding right to continue processing it.
6 Right to data portability
You have the right to request the transfer of the personal information you provided to us, to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
7 Right to make a complaint to a Supervisory Authority
If you have a query about your personal information or wish to make a complaint, please in the first instance contact us using the contact details in our “Communications” section, below.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to a relevant supervisory authority for data protection issues of:
- the EU Member State of your habitual residence (if this applies to you); or
- the EU Member State of your place of work (if this applies to you); or
- the EU Member State in which there has been an alleged infringement of the GDPR.
The UK’s supervisory authority for data protection issues is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk) and Ireland’s supervisory authority for data protection issues is the Data Protection Commission (https://dataprotection.ie/docs/Home/4.htm).
GROUP HEAD OFFICE
Greencore Group plc
No. 2 Northwood Avenue
Northwood Business Park
Greencore Group UK Centre
Barlborough Links Business Park
General email address for the Greencore Talent Acquisition Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that we are required by applicable law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information, we may choose to notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone at our sole discretion or as required by applicable law.